Well known for his fun and informative approach to education, Lee Harrington has been an active part of the international kink and sex positive communities for over 15 years. He believes everyone deserves a great sex life and is passionate about anything that opens people up to their full potential. In pursuit of this goal, Lee has traveled the globe teaching and talking about sexuality, psychology, faith, desire, trans issues, open relationships, and more.
A person of many talents, Lee has been a brainy academic, a female adult film performer, a world class sexual adventurer, an outspoken philosopher, a long-time sexuality and faith blogger, a spirit worker and priest, a member of American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (A.A.S.E.C.T.), and an award winning author and artist. His published work includes Sacred Kink: The Eightfold Paths of BDSM and Beyond, Shibari You Can Use: Japanese Rope Bondage and Erotic Macramé, The Toybag Guide to Age Play, plus numerous anthology contributions including editor’s credits for Rope, Bondage & Power and Spirit of Desire: Personal Explorations of Sacred Kink. Lee also MCs, is the creator of a one man show, directs from time to time, takes part in happenings, flash mobs, and guerrilla art, and generally lives life in the name of art.
A nice guy with a disarmingly down to earth approach, Lee loves provoking individuals into thinking for themselves, while helping those who are already thinking for themselves adventure into the more challenging corners of their own being.
Lee works with private events, college shows, installations and large venue performances. His classes and courses are available for one on one, small group, or large lecture format classes. To date, he has performed or taught in 28 states and 6 countries, and done more than 400 distinct classes, presentations or lectures. His diverse performance and visual styles include Rope Shows (Aerial, Western, Japanese, Jazz), Drag Queen & King, Burlesque, Fabric and fiber arts installations, Poetry Performance, Motion Poetry, Performance Painting, Fire Spinning, Body Modification and Hook Suspension, Collaborative Workings with other artists, and more.
Many of Lee’s classes can be modified to fit the special needs of your university, college, group, event or gathering - whether for a one time guest lecture, or for a reoccurring relationship with your program. The following are a few of the academic offerings Lee is currently touring:
- Creature on a Quest Storytelling Performance
- Beings of Faith and Desire: Embracing, Balancing and Maintaining Our Spirituality as Erotic Individuals Discussion Based Class
- Sex, Cash and Candy: A Journey Through Sex Work in America and Beyond Lecture / Storytelling Class
- Open Hearts, Open Minds: Exploring “Alternative” Relationship Structures Participatory Lecture
- Cutting and Kink: Transformations of Self-Mutilation into Erotic Play & Body Modification Participatory Lecture
- Kink 101: An Introduction to Creative Sexual Exploration and Play Participatory Lecture
- Effective Speaking and Presentation Skills Participatory Lecture
- Femme FTM: Drag Queens, GirlyBoys, Men in Skirts, and Feminine Transmen Participatory Lecture
- Sacred Kink: The Eightfold Paths of BDSM and Beyond Participatory Lecture
- What Labels Give Us, What Labels Take Away: The Power of Gender and Sexual Identity Labels Participatory Lecture
- Let’s Talk About Sex: Frank Discussions around the Realities of our Desires Discussion Based Class